GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
Maintaining a strong academic and research background, GTR has become a well-respected, full service geotechnical design firm with offices in Massachusetts and New York providing geotechnical engineering services on public and private projects throughout the design process to our clients throughout New England, New York and New Jersey. GTR’s services range from preliminary subsurface investigations that assist in site development/permitting to designing cost efficient and constructible foundation systems to meet each Project’s needs. The combination of GTR’s practical, construction based experience with our unique academic and geotechnical research background allows GTR to provide a rare suite of geotechnical and foundation engineering services for contractors and engineers worldwide. During the bid phase, we perform value-engineering services for specialty deep foundation contractors. We utilize our extensive database of testing results or perform/recommend site specific load test programs to benefit our clients.
Our clients include Public Agencies, Engineers, General Contractors, Design-Build Contractors, Deep Foundation Specialty Contractors, Architects, and Developers in the US and overseas. Our projects include schools, hospitals, commercial developments, residential buildings, utility infrastructure, bridge replacements/rehabilitations and other transportation projects.
- Geotechnical Subsurface Investigations
- Slope Stability Analyses
- Boring and Test pit inspection and soil/rock classification
- Re-use of existing deep or shallow foundations
- Estimation of existing deep foundation lengths utilizing Non-Destructive Techniques including Sonic Echo, Parallel Seismic, Ultra Seismic, Lite Testing
- Energy Transfer of SPT rods during sampling using the SPT Analyzer ASTM D4633
- Shallow and deep foundation feasibility and design
- Earth Retention Systems including soil nail, soldier pile, sheeting, secant piles
- Traditional Retaining Wall designs using MSE, modular block, gabion, etc.
- Static pile capacity analysis and load-settlement evaluation
- Foundation heave/settlement analysis
- Ground Improvement Design using Aggregate Piers, Rigid Inclusions, Vibro-CompactionSlope/Global Stability analysesIn-situ and testing services
- Wave equation analysis (WEAP) and drivability studies to evaluate pile-soil-driving system compatibility
- Groundwater Control/Modeling and Storm Water Infiltration
- Geotechnical Laboratory Testing
We also provide Construction Phase Quality Control Services for our clients to ensure that the construction proceeds in accordance with the required project documents and the applicable codes.
- Contractor Submittal Review
- Earthwork Inspection – Subgrade and Compaction testing
- Deep foundation inspection of Drilled and Driven Piles, Drilled Shafts, Helical Piles
- Ground Improvement Inspection (Vibro-Compaction, Stone Columns, Ridgid Inclusions, etc.
- Deep Foundation Load Testing in accordance with applicable ASTM Standards
- Redesign due to unforeseen obstructions
- Owner Affidavits