GTR, a dynamic and growing Geotechnical Engineering and consulting firm with offices in North Chelmsford, MA, and Armonk, NY, is currently seeking a Geotechnical Field Engineer with 0 to 3 years of experience to join our Massachusetts and New York offices.
We specialize in deep foundation design, instrumentation, and testing. Our engineers are involved in a wide array of services, including static and dynamic load testing of driven and drilled piles, non-destructive testing, quality assessment of drilled shafts, drivability analysis, field inspection, and more.
At GTR, we offer opportunities to work on challenging, high-profile projects in the Heavy Civil, Infrastructure, transportation, and Marine sectors, which provide excellent avenues for professional growth and development.
Approximately 75% of your responsibilities will initially be fieldwork, with periodic short trips of one to two days supporting either of our offices.
In the Field:
- Foundation construction inspection
- Boring inspection
- Pile testing and instrumentation
In the Office:
- Design and analysis of both deep and shallow foundations
- Interpretation of testing data
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required, along with a focused interest and desire to specialize in the Geotechnical discipline.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally
- A practical, “hands-on” approach.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and basic electronics is beneficial.
- Good organizational and computer skills.
- Excellent writing skills for reports and other documentation.
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including day trips and occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. over short distances and climb slopes.
- Competitive salary, with eligibility for overtime
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) with corporate contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development and Continuing Education
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. and currently residing in the country, are encouraged to apply. A valid driver’s license is required.
Geosciences Testing and Research, Inc. (GTR) is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.